Monday, March 19, 2012

Why Did God Make Spiders?

It is said that the average 4 year old asks 437 questions in a day. I’d venture a guess that the majority of those questions are the result of the answer to given to their prior question. Let’s just say, I’m glad to not be stuck in a room full of 4 year olds all day, every day.


The one that I have is more than enough.

Sometimes what the 4 year olds asks is not the question the adult brain registers.

The other morning on the way to daycare CJ asks, “Mommy?”

“Yes.” Because I have to respond or he will repeat ‘Mommy’ until I speak, even if we are the only two people and there isn’t anyone else.

“Where do spiders sleep?”

“In their web.” Seemed like a good answer.

“How do they not slide out?”

“Well, its how God made them. He made them with special things on their legs and feet that keep them on the web. And they don’t get stuck, either.”

“Why did God make spiders?”

I think for a minute and then formulate my answer that I thought would be simple enough. I explained basic ecology and how everything on the earth is in balance and everything depends on something else. And I finish my explanation and I’m very pleased with myself. Bravo mom. I knocked this one out of the park.

It’s all quiet in the backseat for a minute. Then his little voice comes back. “No. Why doesn’t He just go to the store and buy one.”

1 comment:

Michele said...

Yes Mommy??? Why not??? Why doesnt he??? ;)