Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Mending Heart

I've written before about one of my best friends and her struggles with infertility and heartbreak over the loss of children to miscarriage and premature birth. I've prayed for her and waited. I never had any doubt that something good would come from these struggles. And when she announced that she'd started training to be a doula in February- I knew this decision came from that. And that she will be an amazing doula. Then I found out that not only was she training to be a doula but wanted to work with cases of miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death and it really made sense. She will take her experience and love to be the support for people who are facing what happens to a lot of people but no one talks about.
If you or someone you know is facing (or experienced) miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death and they need support visit Mending Heart Bellies. The link will also now be on my right side bar. Also she is now part of The Amethyst Network- a national organization supporting families through miscarriage.

1 comment:

Michele said...

YOU ARE TOO MUCH!!! Thank you so much for this... You are amazing. Too bad there isnt a network of friends who are the most supportive around... You could be president of it! :)