Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ramblin on...

Here at work administration went all blocking happy with our internet accessibility. No longer do I have access to Blogger or Facebook. I’m having a difficult time dealing with this new set of parameters surrounding internet usage. It’s not like I wasn’t doing my job but someone somewhere screwed it all up for the rest of us. So I setup my posting email last night and giving it a whirl today.

It’s three in the afternoon as I write this and I’ve hit a wall here at work. In fact I’m contemplating throwing myself against my cubicle wall repeatedly. Imagine a hamster against its glass cage- if you will. Perhaps they’d send me home early, obviously I’ve fallen off a cliff mentally.

Next week is shaping up to be a big week. My sister graduates her dental assistant training program on the 15th. A day many of us thought would never arrive. For WC its Kindergarten registration time. Saturday the 16th, CJ turns two. My babies are growing up at the speed of light. I’m not sure which bothers me more the fact that they are growing up or the fact they remind me that I’m chugging along in my 30’s now. I blog a lot about how they drive me insane but I’ve come to appreciate those moments with them. I couldn’t imagine my life without them driving me nuts.

We’re postponing CJ’s party until the 23rd because we have a family reunion on the 16th. And will be travelling a couple hours south with the young ones in tow. I haven’t seen most of these people in years and can’t imagine I’ll recognize half of them. But my great-aunt has been on my case for a year to attend. So I’m now in the market for a portable dvd player with two screens to keep them occupied.

Fingers crossed that this email posts appropriately to my blog page!

 

1 comment:

Michele said...

Beautiful post!

I cant believe little B, who used to volunteer at the library, is now graduating from dental hyg school! I am so proud of her!

You may be in your 30s, but you still look like the girl I met over a decade ago! :) And you're just as much fun, too! :)