Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

I'm exhausted. Though not quite as much as my precious CJ- he's passed
out on the couch. I took the day off and spent it with my boys. The
schools were out today & his usual after care program is a Christian
organization & they were closed. Could have taken him to moms & went
to work. But it was just one of those times when taking the vacation
day seemed worth it. I couldn't recall the last time I'd spent a
simple day of fun w/ them. So that's what we've done today. This
morning I packed us lunches & we set off for the Discovery Center. We
spent the day exploring, playing, creating art, digging for fossils,
ate a picnic lunch...5 hours of nothing but fun w/ a sly bit of
education thrown in. Now that I've sat down in the recliner, I'm not
sure that I'll be able to move.
Yesterday when I picked up WC the Director asked me if CJ would be
starting kindergarten this fall. It shocked me for a second...um no.
My CJ? kindergarten? It took me a second. He'll be three in May. I
replied. She looked stunned. He's so big.
I don't think he's that big. He does seem older than he is. But still,
let's not age the kid any faster. It goes so fast as is.

Sent from my iPod

No comments: