Friday, August 31, 2007

No, it was a frog




Made in America

“Save U.S. Jobs. Buy American,” Boasted the bumper sticker on the back of a Jeep. Which started me thinking that it was a good idea, but is it a feasible one? Can we purchase all the products we need that are only made in America? I mean ones that are truly made here, not ones that have parts that are from somewhere else or that are assembled elsewhere. Since at the moment every toy in the box at home is made in China and may be covered in lead-based paint…This is an idea that is worth looking into.

WC cons Jay
I arrive home last night to discover WC eating a bowl of mashed potatoes. Now with my recent quest to put healthier items in him, I feel his dinner tonight should consist of more than one thing being starch since I had plans on cooking. But Jay felt that since WC hadn’t eaten anything for dinner since I had decided he was eating healthier that he wanted to get something more in him at dinner. You fool, I thought. Because WC didn’t eat but a couple of bites and said he was done; Jay practically began begging him to eat.
Don’t beg him to eat. He gets power over you when he doesn’t do what you so desperately want. A three year old should not have power over the adult. He will not starve, when his hunger outweighs his stubbornness then he will eat what I put in front of him. He doesn’t know what is best for him; as adults we do. I am willing to be the hard-ass if it keeps my son healthy and his bathroom visits pain-free.

Insomniac
Usually, I do not have problems going to sleep or going back to sleep after waking up in the middle of the night. But at 2 something this morning WC woke us up yelling from his room. Jay went to check on him; WC told him that he wanted to talk top him. Jay put him back to bed and started his “night-night music” back. The Jay came back & fell asleep right away. I had the unfortunate experience to not be able to quit thinking. “Monkey Brain” I’ve heard it called because your thoughts are like a bunch of monkeys jumping around. I had just dozed off when WC began yelling, “Daddy, turn my music over.” Which means he wants the cd started again; he knows it’s on the last song. It was 3:30 a.m. & I was mad. I told him to lie down & go to sleep. It was too early in the morning. I was not starting the music over. He would have to go to sleep and I didn’t want another word. He obeyed and I eventually drifted back off to sleep. He probably thought I was a “mean” mommy after that, but like Bill Engvall says, “Nice stops at midnight.”
*Unless, of course he is, in fact, ill.

Lunch errands
Today at lunch I am going to the store to purchase a birthday present for my best friends son is turning 2 & party is tomorrow. And WC came home from preschool w/ a list of supplies he needs by Tuesday.

Labor Day Weekend
We have the aforementioned birthday party tomorrow 2-4. Then my brother-in-law has a cookout at 5:30. (I wish I already had the baby sling for CJ that I want, but I have to order it and it can’t arrive by in the morning at this point). So far nothing planned for the actual Labor Day on Monday (and I’m o.k. with that). WC is going to his grandma’s for the day; he’ll love that.

Humor
The other night Jay & WC were wresting when WC passed gas. Jay asked him if it was him & without missing a beat he replied, “No, it was a frog.”

No comments: