Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Touchless Wonder

Ahhh the joys of spring- the sniffling, sneezing, dripping...the sounds of my coworker hacking to death in the next cube. It is a wondrous time of year.

Yesterday mom said she was going to the hair salon today and would also try to get CJ's haircut while there. Up until now I have been the only person to cut his hair (I have no prior experience mind you). Until last night I thought I did a decent job of it. Mom informed me otherwise. And the reason for the home cut isn't simply monetary. CJ is, how can I put this, a peculiar child. He doesn't like to be touched- and not just by strangers. We have family members he sees on a regular basis- like his other grandmother that he refuses to let them touch him. His cousins- the 4 girls ages 7-4 used to want to carry him around their own living doll- he would scream and still wont let any of them touch him. Sometimes, Jay, his own father can't touch him without it resulting in screaming and crying for mommy. Only me & my mother seem to be able to do anything with the child at anytime. And most of time WC can touch him. In the church nursery, he's fine as long as none of the workers attempt to touch him. If he gets upset and they try to comfort him- it only makes it worse. Which is totally contradictory to your instinct when tending to a child and they get upset. But this is just how he is. Although one surprising exception happened at Christmas time when friends of mine were visiting from out of town. CJ had never met them before yet before the evening was out, he went over to my friends husband and climbed up in his lap! I'm interested to hear how today's haircut attempt will go. This woman will definitely earn her money on this one. I've been able to trim it up without upsetting him and to me that was the most important thing. But I guess at some point he'll need to get used to someone else cutting his hair.

1 comment:

Michele said...

As I was reading this, I was remembering our visit and his little love fest with Peter. It was so cute!

God help the poor stylist! She has no idea what she's in for. He's got the lungs of the Three Tenors- combined!